Fiber Optics Internet
Fiber optics is definitely the premier internet technology with virtually unlimited bandwidth regardless of your distance from our equipment. You can watch all the steaming videos you want while simultaneously keeping up with social media while others are gaming.
Current Fiber Optics Serving Area
Problems displaying the map below? Contact our office for assistance.
Want to search by address?
Please follow these steps to look up your home or business on our service area map.
Click on the “view larger map” icon to open a new Google maps window.
Click on the search icon that appears with the full map.
Enter your address and click “enter.”
Click on your address when it appears.
Your address will now be marked on the map.
Fiber Optic Internet Packages
Fiber Bandwith* (up to)
|5 Meg||1 Meg||$44.95|
|10 Meg||1 Meg||$54.95|
|20 Meg||2 Meg||$61.95|
|25 Meg||5 Meg||$64.95|
|30 Meg||5 Meg||$68.95|
|40 Meg||5 Meg||$73.95|
|50 Meg||10 Meg||$79.95|
|65 Meg||10 Meg||$85.95|
|80 Meg||15 Meg||$91.95|
|100 Meg||25 Meg||$99.95|
*Please contact EBTC at 935-3011 for internet packages above 100 Meg.
Fiber Optic Equipment and Installation
Equipment – Modem/Router
Most of our customers want multiple ethernet ports and in home wi-fi. This requires a combination modem/router and we highly recommend the Smart/RG SR516ac.
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports + 1 Gigabit SmartPort™
- Dual-Band wi-fi: 2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz
- Two USB 2.0 ports
- WPS and wireless on/off buttons
- Automatic broadband connection creation
- Free firmware updates
- Remote detection of in home wireless interference
- Maintains 30 day performance log for use in troubleshooting
- Password management – in case you forget.
- Follow this link for more information
Equipment – Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) – Optional
The only problem with fiber optics is that it does not transmit electricity. As a result, the fiber optic equipment in your home has to be plugged into an electrical outlet and will not work during a power outage unless you have a backup generator or a uninterrupted power supply (UPS). A UPS is basically the battery backup for your fiber optic equipment.
We recommend the PowerTech PS18L-U7 which is designed to provide 8 hours backup for the fiber optic equipment in your home. And it will send a text message when the battery needs to be replaced.
Please Note: The Power Tech PS18L-U7v ONLY PROVIDES POWER to your fiber optic equipment. It DOES NOT provide power to your actual phone set, cordless phone device or your internet router.
- One-time purchase price – $74.00
- Fiber Optic Equipment only – 8 hours
Cost of Battery Replacement
- Customer Replaces $40.00
- EBTC Replaces. $65.00
Cost of Fiber Optics Installation
- Standard Installation* – $69.00
- Additional work – time and material
*Standard installation includes all material and labor required to:
- Mount a fiber access box on the exterior of your home
- Run the fiber into your home.
- Mount and terminate the fiber electronics.
- Install and program UPS if purchased from EBTC
- Test internet and voice service
- Connect the modem/router if purchased from EBTC
- Standard time and material charges will apply to any addition or changes to your inside wire (voice or data).
Prices listed above do not include taxes, surcharges and other fees. Contact our office for details.
East Buchanan Telephone Cooperative | 319-935-3011 or 866-327-2748 | P.O. Box 100, 214 Third Street North, Winthrop, IA 50682-0100 | firstname.lastname@example.org
East Buchanan Telephone Cooperative
319-935-3011 or 866-327-2748
P.O. Box 100, 214 Third Street North, Winthrop, IA 50682-0100